Friday, January 21, 2011

My Beginning


My Love of the Kitchen and Cooking

My name is Christen, and I love to be in the kitchen cooking.  It doesn’t matter if I am cooking or if someone else is cooking.  I am in the kitchen every day multiple times a day doing things like making a simple breakfast, to making a fancy dinner.

Not Allowed in the Kitchen

But it wasn’t always like that, I am 16 years old and I am adopted.  When I was living in my foster parent’s home I was not allowed in the kitchen while anyone was cooking. Maybe they thought that I would get in the way, or I would hurt myself,… I don’t know.  I didn’t even care that I wasn’t allowed in the kitchen because I had so many other options with which to entertain myself.

A New Start in My New Life

I was adopted seven years ago, and all those years I have been cooking away.   My mom has a love for cooking, passed down to her by my grandma.  Mom invited me into the kitchen to help cook, learn cooking skills, and as I got older she let me experiment independently.  I can’t remember what I cooked the first day of my new life, but I remember loving all the different aromas and assisting with various things like cutting up vegetables, stirring things, etc.
I have gone from squeezing fresh lemonade to creating a full dinner for seven people.  So this blog is for the people who don’t think they can cook, and also for the people who can cook but would like some new recipes.  So if you are just learning basic skills, want creative ideas, or if you are obsessed with cooking, there’s something here for everyone.  If an 8 year old can go from lemonade to a difficult meal by age 15, then you can cook, too!
Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment