Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Negatives of Sugar


Cons of Sugar

If you are trying to lose weight don’t eat a lot of sugar. Sugar causes our bodies to stock up on fat. Diabetes is a result of eating too much sugar, so if you don’t want to get diabetes stay away from sugar. Eating too much sugar is also bad for your oral health.
Honey is a good substitute instead of sugar. It is easy to digest and it is a good source of carbohydrates. Honey has important vitamins and minerals. Honey is one of the best substitutes for sugar because can make your blood’s glucose levels go up. Honey may have more calories than sugar but it is sweeter than sugar, allowing you to use less.
Sugar reduces the ability of white blood cells to fight bacteria. Fewer white blood cells mean that your immune system and its ability to fight infection, is impaired. White sugar is bleached with Chlorine Bleach, a liquid many people are allergic to. When Chlorine combines with organic compounds it converts to Dioxin, a lethal chemical.
High Fructose Corn Syrup sweetens pop and is used in almost every processed food out there. Corn syrup is a liver toxin, it is metabolized in the body the same way alcohol is. Alcohol is metabolized by the brain so you can see the effects it has. High Fructose Corn syrup is not metabolized by the brain so you don’t realize the effects it has on your body. Drinking a can of pop does the same thing to your stomach that a can of beer does. High Fructose Corn Syrup causes liver disease which raises your cholesterol and deactivates a substance in your body. This substance prevents high blood pressure. When deactivated it causes high blood pressure and you become insulin resistant and develop diabetes.
Sugar can be healthily replaced by an herb called stevia. This herb is two-hundred times sweeter than sugar, but it doesn’t have calories or raise your blood sugar.
       

My Hope

I hope after reading all of that you will make the important decision to cut out sugar! When I did the research for this post I was surprised at everything I found. So I hope you are surprised too and decide to change your diet.

4 comments:

  1. I only saw one or two grammatical errors but other than that I think this post was very good! I like how you offered some alternatives to use instead of sugar that are better for our bodies. My mom likes to use Stevia to make sweet tea sometimes and I've always thought honey is underrated. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information! Extremely helpful! But I'm just sayin...there is NO WAY I am going to watch that WHOLE video!!! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told me to use Stevia.... I think it tastes funny though. nothing like good ol sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought some of the info was confusing
    or didn't fit the topic. However, I definitely liked that you gave readers some healthy alternatives to sugar like honey and Stevia and
    not Splenda and aspertame.

    ReplyDelete