Friday, February 4, 2011

Home Schooling and Cooking

Home Schooling in the Kitchen

One of the advantages of home schooling is that it’s real life education, not just book learning in a classroom. I’m sure you are wondering what this has to do with cooking. I’m about to tell you.
I am home educated and math is not my strong suit. It takes me hours to do my math. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering the lesson I just learned the previous day. It’s hard for me to understand most math concepts.
Most students struggle with fractions, but I don’t. I credit it to all the time I spend in the kitchen actually doing the fractions as I cook. I have learned to double, and even triple recipes because I am good with fractions.

Integrating Subjects

It is easy to integrate subjects, when home schooling. This blog is a project for a creative writing class I’m taking. It combines my love of photography, my passion for food and cooking, my ability to write and my desire to improve all those skills.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Tim Hawkins video! You are so blessed to have such great parents who are giving you an awesome start to REAL life! I wish I had had that when i was in high school!

    ReplyDelete